- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Samuel A. "Sam" Cathey, 22, of Cape Girardeau died Tuesday, Dec. 22, 2009, in an automobile accident in Cape Girardeau.
He was born Sept. 17, 1987, in Sikeston, Mo., to Darlene Cathey.
Sam was a 2005 graduate of Central High School. He was self-employed and was accomplished in roofing, concrete work and auto repair. He also worked for Hoffman Fireworks.
He is survived by his mother, Darlene Cathey of Cape Girardeau; a brother, Michael Cathey of Russellville, Ark.; a sister, Elizabeth (James) Phillips and children Cheyenne and Jason of Chaffee, Mo.; grandfather, Clarence W. "Slim" Curtis of Oran, Mo.; two aunts, Benita Curtis of Cape Girardeau, Brenda Curtis of Scott City; and two uncles, David (Rita) Curtis of Sikeston and James Curtis of Oran.
He was preceded in death by his grandmother, Mary Curtis, and an uncle, Ronnie Curtis.
Visitation will be from 11 a.m. to service time Saturday at McCombs Funeral Home in Cape Girardeau.
A memorial service will be held at 2 p.m. Saturday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Ed Carter officiating.
Sympathy messages may be sent to the family online at www.mccombsfuneralhome.com.
Memorial donations may be made to the family.