- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Bernice Rose Raines, 88, of Cape Girardeau died Wednesday, Dec. 23, 2009, at Southeast Missouri Hospital.
She was born June 15, 1921, in Kelso, Mo., to Franklin Riley and Anna Pauline Leible Raines.
Raines was a waitress at Farmers Restaurant, part owner of Courtesy Cleaners and also worked at Heil Beauty Supply.
She is survived by two brothers, Joseph (Dot) Raines and Norman "Shorty" (Betty) Raines; two sisters, Vernedia Blattel and Alene (Butch) Heisserer, all of Scott City.
She was preceded in death by her parents and three brothers.
Friends may call from 9:30 a.m. to service time Saturday at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Scott City.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at the chapel, with the Rev. Jim Norris officiating. Burial will be in Lightner Memorial Cemetery in Scott City.