- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
CHARLESTON, Mo. -- Lula Jane Daniel Pattengill, 82, of rural Charleston died Sunday, Dec. 20, 2009, at Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
She was born March 1, 1927, in Johnsonville, Tenn., to the late Roy and Flora McCallabe Daniel.
She had lived in Benton, Mo., since 1941 and was a graduate of Benton High School. She worked at International Shoe Co. in Cape Girardeau for a short time prior to assuming the role of bookkeeper to assist her husband in the family farm operation.
Through her interest with the farm operation she was actively involved with the PCA and was a certified welder. She was a faithful member of Unity Baptist Church in Benton, where she had served as a Sunday school teacher, vacation Bible school worker and assisted in providing for church meals.
She and Lee Pattengill were married Oct. 23, 1947.
Survivors include her husband; four sons and daughters-in-law, Lee and Tina Pattengill Jr. of Scott City, William Daniel "Bill" and Diana Pattengill of Park Hills, Mo., Boyd Gene and Michelle Pattengill of Benton, Joe Wade and Barbie Pattengill of Whitewater; a brother, Roy Daniel; four sisters, Oneida Zigler, Beulah Lee McClain, Betty Buck and Gayla Voltz; six grandchildren; six great-grandchildren; three stepgrandchildren; and three great-stepgrandchildren.
A brother, Joe Marks Daniel, preceded her in death.
Friends may call from 5 to 8 p.m. today at McMikle Funeral Home in Charleston, and from 1 p.m. to service time Wednesday at Unity Baptist Church.
The funeral will be at 2 p.m. Wednesday at the church, with the pastor, the Rev. Dennis Lowe, officiating. Interment will be in Cape County Memorial Park in Cape Girardeau.
Pallbearers will be Dustin Care, Susan Care, Justin Pattengill, Jacob Pattengill, Brandin Pattengill, Daniel Pattengill and Jess Pattengill.
Memorial Contributions may be made to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, 501 St. Jude Place, Memphis, TN 38105.
Condolences may be shared at www.mcmiklefuneralhome.com.