- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Cape Girardeau City Council agenda
7 p.m. Monday
401 Independence St.
* An ordinance appropriating $47.6 million for capital expenditures for stormwater and parks improvement projects.
* An ordinance amending Schedule F of Section 26-247 of the city code by establishing a 235-foot-long no-parking zone on the north side of Themis Street west of Louisiana Avenue.
* An ordinance authorizing acceptance of permanent drainage easements from various property owners on Albert Street for the purpose of drainage and stormwater maintenance.
* An ordinance authorizing the acquisition of property for Lewis and Clark Parkway between LaSalle Avenue and County Road 618.
* An ordinance approving the record plat of Robinson Subdivision.
* An ordinance approving the record plat of River Bend Subdivision.
* An ordinance approving the record plat of Cape West Crossings-Phase II Amended.
* An ordinance approving the record plat of Cape West 13th Subdivision.
* An ordinance approving the record plat of a resubdivision of lots C19, C20 and C21 of The Highlands at Dalhousie-Phase III.
* An ordinance amending Section 22-111(a) of the city code to require property owners to mow grass and weeds on city right of way or easements abutting their property.
* An ordinance authorizing the issuance of not to exceed $1 million principal amount of Waterworks System Revenue Bonds (State of Missouri -- Direct Loan Program -- ARRA) Series 2010 for the purpose of extending and improving the city's waterworks system; prescribing the form and details of the bonds and the agreements made by the city to facilitate and protect bond payment and prescribing other related matters.
* A resolution authorizing the city manager to execute an additional services letter of agreement with Glatting, Jackson, Kercher, Anglin Inc. for branding services for downtown Cape Girardeau.
* A resolution authorizing the city manager to execute an agreement with 4-Sight Counseling Inc. to provide housing counseling and operation assistance regarding the Neighborhood Stabilization Program.
* A resolution authorizing the city manger to execute a demolition contract for $3,860 with J. W. Transport LLC. to demolish a home at 1004 Hickory St. and clean up a site at 837 N. Main St.
* A resolution expressing and confirming support for the Clean Air Action Plan.
* A resolution authorizing the city manager to execute an agreement to broadcast and record Cape Girardeau City Council meetings with SEMO Video Productions LLC.
* Appointments to the Airport Advisory Board.
* Conditional approval of a retail liquor by the drink and Sunday sales license for PHC Cape LLC, d/b/a The Pasta House Co., 2406 William, Stephen Welkener, managing officer.
* Approval of a change in type of liquor license to original package, Sunday sales and wine tasting for Sam's East Inc., d/b/a Sam's Club No. 6479, 232 Shirley Drive, Lorene Samson, managing officer.
* A motion accepting the annual city audit prepared by Beussink, Hey, Roe, Seabaugh and Stroder LLC for the fiscal year ending June 30, 2009.
* A motion filing the recommendation of the Planning and Zoning Commission to deny the request of Jeana Schoenher for a special-use permit to operate a photography business at 3601 Old Hopper Road, or in the alternative, a motion setting a public hearing on the request.