- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Victoria Rose Farrar, 48, of Cedar Park, Texas, passed away Thursday, Dec. 17, 2009.
She was born March 7, 1961, in Cape Girardeau and attended Oak Ridge High School, Southeast Missouri State University and Utah State University. She married Randy Farrar on Feb. 1, 1982.
She was employed as a research associate and was an active member of Leander United Methodist Church.
She is survived by her husband, Randy Farrar of Cedar Park; a son, Nathan Farrar of Cedar Park; three daughters, Amelia Farrar of Cedar Park, Kristen Borthwick of Manor, Texas, and Gabrielle Farrar of Arlington, Va.; two granddaughters, Sadie Farrar of Austin, Texas, and Mykena Judge of Cedar Park; and her mother, Dolores Gerhardt of Cape Girardeau.
Victoria was preceded in death by her father, Reginald Gerhardt; brother, William (Bill) Gerhardt; and son, Jesse Farrar.
Visitation will be from 4 to 6 p.m. today at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Chapel.
The funeral will be 10:30 a.m. Monday at the chapel, with the Rev. Paul Short officiating. Burial will be in Cape County Memorial Park Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to the American Cancer Society.
Online condolences may be made to the family at www.fordandsonsfuneralhome.com.