- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Hilda A. Brueckner Slesak, 91, of Perryville died Thursday, Dec. 17, 2009, at Independence Care Center of Perry County.
She was born Oct. 15, 1918, at Farrar, Mo., daughter of the late Louis and Mary Verseman Steffens Hemmann. She was married June 28, 1942, to Arnold Brueckner. He preceded her in death Jan. 4, 1981. She then married Edwin Slesak on Aug. 15, 1992. He preceded her in death June 16, 2005.
Survivors include five children, Janet (Willis) Koenig of Farrar, Pat (Stan) Petzoldt of Frohna, Mo., Jerry (Sharon) Brueckner of Cape Girardeau, Stanley (Denise) Brueckner of Farrar, Elizabeth (Randy) Crouch of Moodys, Okla.; a sister, Oleen Saffel of Perryville; 14 grandchildren; and 18 great-grandchildren.
Hilda was an insurance agent and bus driver. She was a lifelong member of Salem Lutheran Church in Farrar, LWML, Salem Ladies Aid and Brazeau Extension Club.
She was preceded in death by her parents; both husbands; three brothers, Edgar, Vernold and Alvert; and a sister, Alida Roth.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. Monday and 6:30 to 8 a.m. Tuesdayat Young and Sons Funeral Home in Perryville.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Tuesday at Salem Lutheran Church in Farrar, with the Rev. Roger Abernathy officiating. Burial will be in Salem Lutheran Church Cemetery.
Memorials are preferred to Salem Lutheran Church or Saxony Lutheran High School.