- Waller deemed competent to stand trial (1/11/17)5
- Young Elvis impersonator from Bernie performs on 'Ellen DeGeneres Show' (1/12/17)
- 113 drug tests at Jackson High net one instance of illicit usage (1/11/17)14
- Two subjects of interest in 1992 homicide to take polygraph tests (1/15/17)6
- Two men shot after argument; houses also struck by bullets (1/12/17)21
- Imo's Pizza will be added to Rhodes 101 convenience store in Jackson (1/10/17)16
- Cape SportsPlex contractor offers a look at the project (1/15/17)10
- Juvenile accused of stealing, damaging playground statue (1/9/17)25
- Two Cape men recovering after shooting (1/13/17)
- Business notebook: Faithfully Fed aims for more than just food (1/9/17)4
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Hilda A. Brueckner Slesak, 91, of Perryville died Thursday, Dec. 17, 2009, at Independence Care Center of Perry County.
She was born Oct. 15, 1918, at Farrar, Mo., daughter of the late Louis and Mary Verseman Steffens Hemmann. She was married June 28, 1942, to Arnold Brueckner. He preceded her in death Jan. 4, 1981. She then married Edwin Slesak on Aug. 15, 1992. He preceded her in death June 16, 2005.
Survivors include five children, Janet (Willis) Koenig of Farrar, Pat (Stan) Petzoldt of Frohna, Mo., Jerry (Sharon) Brueckner of Cape Girardeau, Stanley (Denise) Brueckner of Farrar, Elizabeth (Randy) Crouch of Moodys, Okla.; a sister, Oleen Saffel of Perryville; 14 grandchildren; and 18 great-grandchildren.
Hilda was an insurance agent and bus driver. She was a lifelong member of Salem Lutheran Church in Farrar, LWML, Salem Ladies Aid and Brazeau Extension Club.
She was preceded in death by her parents; both husbands; three brothers, Edgar, Vernold and Alvert; and a sister, Alida Roth.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. Monday and 6:30 to 8 a.m. Tuesdayat Young and Sons Funeral Home in Perryville.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Tuesday at Salem Lutheran Church in Farrar, with the Rev. Roger Abernathy officiating. Burial will be in Salem Lutheran Church Cemetery.
Memorials are preferred to Salem Lutheran Church or Saxony Lutheran High School.