- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)9
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)18
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
CHAFFEE, Mo. -- Virginia Lea Hendrix, 66, of Chaffee passed away Friday, Dec. 18, 2009, at the family home.
She was born Aug. 17, 1943, at Bloomfield, Mo., to the late Harvey and Martha Jennings McRoy. Virginia married the Rev. Dale Hendrix on Nov. 23, 1962. He preceded her in death Oct. 25, 2001.
Virginia was a member of the House of Prayer Church in Chaffee.
Survivors include four sons, Scott (Tina) Hendrix of Dexter, Mo., Travis (Kathy) Hendrix, Shannon (Kim) Hendrix and Joe (Christy) Hendrix, all of Chaffee; two daughters, Jeannie (John) Walker and Marty (Alan) Seabaugh of Chaffee; three brothers, Calvin and Ronnie McRoy of Bloomfield, Don McRoy of East Alton, Ill.; two sisters, Gerry Harris of Chaffee, Vivian Patterson of Dexter; 14 grandchildren; and a great-grandchild.
Her parents, husband, a grandson, two brothers and three sisters preceded her in death.
Friends may call after 4 p.m. Sunday at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Chaffee.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Monday at the chapel, with the Rev. Jack Owens officiating. Burial will be in Union Park Cemetery in Chaffee.