- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
CHAFFEE, Mo. -- Virginia Lea Hendrix, 66, of Chaffee passed away Friday, Dec. 18, 2009, at the family home.
She was born Aug. 17, 1943, at Bloomfield, Mo., to the late Harvey and Martha Jennings McRoy. Virginia married the Rev. Dale Hendrix on Nov. 23, 1962. He preceded her in death Oct. 25, 2001.
Virginia was a member of the House of Prayer Church in Chaffee.
Survivors include four sons, Scott (Tina) Hendrix of Dexter, Mo., Travis (Kathy) Hendrix, Shannon (Kim) Hendrix and Joe (Christy) Hendrix, all of Chaffee; two daughters, Jeannie (John) Walker and Marty (Alan) Seabaugh of Chaffee; three brothers, Calvin and Ronnie McRoy of Bloomfield, Don McRoy of East Alton, Ill.; two sisters, Gerry Harris of Chaffee, Vivian Patterson of Dexter; 14 grandchildren; and a great-grandchild.
Her parents, husband, a grandson, two brothers and three sisters preceded her in death.
Friends may call after 4 p.m. Sunday at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Chaffee.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Monday at the chapel, with the Rev. Jack Owens officiating. Burial will be in Union Park Cemetery in Chaffee.