- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Herbert Winn Jr.
ANNA, Ill. -- Herbert H. Winn Jr., 81, of Anna died Wednesday, March 30, 2005, at Southeast Missouri Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
He was born Aug. 8, 1923, in Cobden, Ill., son of Herbert N. and Mayme Lee Hess Winn. He and Anna Mae Cassel were married April 28, 1945, in Jonesboro, Ill.
Winn was a farmer, and a member of Big Creek Baptist Church.
He was U.S. Army veteran of World War II.
Survivors include his wife; two daughters, Janet "Janeo" Winn and Brenda Tripp of Anna; a sister, Phyllis Toler of Streator, Ill.; two grandchildren; and three great-grandsons.
He was preceded in death by a brother.
Friends may call at Lutz and Rendleman Funeral Home in Anna from 6 to 8 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Clifford Heil officiating. Burial will be in Anna City Cemetery.