- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Leola "Lucy" Mezo, 82, of Highland, Ill., formerly of Perryville, died Wednesday, March 30, 2005, in Highland.
She was born June 21, 1922, in Jefferson County, Ill., daughter of Marion R. and Nora E. Stockton Taylor. She and Lloyd R. Mezo were married March 20, 1939. He died March 12, 1988.
Mezo retired as head cook at Country Village Inn. She was a former member of First Baptist Church in Perryville.
Survivors include two daughters, Joyce Horner of Pocahontas, Ill., Brenda Mullins of Baton Rouge, La.; nine grandchildren; 18 great-grandchildren; and a great-great-grandson.
She was preceded in death by a son and two sisters.
Friends may call at Young and Sons Funeral Home from 5 to 9 p.m. today, and Saturday from 6:30 a.m. until time of service.
The funeral will be at 2:30 p.m. Saturday at the funeral home. The Rev. Dennis Cebulak will officiate. Burial will be in Home Cemetery.