- Deputies: Man, woman tried to arrange killing of his estranged wife (5/21/17)1
- Former coroner convicted of felony theft now faces prison in misdemeanor case (5/23/17)2
- Police: Woman arrested after meth found hidden in pants (5/26/17)2
- Cape police say man assaulted, kidnapped girlfriend (5/21/17)2
- Woman may lose foot after being hit by moped (5/24/17)
- Illinois Trail of Tears site where Cherokee buried named to National Historic Register (5/24/17)
- Two men face charges in Cape prostitution sting (5/28/17)
- Business notebook: Woman, sister-in-law buy Perryville custom-wear shop (5/22/17)
- Police apprehend Charleston man they say hit Cape woman with car (5/24/17)
- Broadening horizons: Heartland Dream Team founder stays committed to area youth (5/21/17)2
Senators vote for open borders
To the editor:
Could our U.S. senators, Kit Bond and Jim Talent, be receiving guidance from an agenda to gradually do away with our national borders and allow unlimited immigration? If not, why did they vote for these very things?
How can America as we know it exist without borders? How can we remain secure and in control of our country if Congress does away with our borders? Why is Congress following the anti-American agenda being promoted by the World Trade Organization to removed our borders using so-called free trade as a cover? Why do the United Nations and WTO want to eliminate America's borders and American sovereignty?
Thankfully, U.S. Rep. Jo Ann Emerson voted no on House Resolution 4759 to stop the WTO-sponsored free trade agreements that require the elimination of our borders. What explanation could Bond and Talent have for why our borders are no longer important and worth defending? How can these senators defend unrestricted immigration with the damage it would do to our economy and the obvious increased security risk? With the end of American independence, security and prosperity as the aim of the WTO, isn't it time for us to end our membership?
MICHAEL H. LIND, Thornfield, Mo.