- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- Settlement reached in accidental shooting case at Kelly High (2/15/17)10
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)23
- Jackson board votes to demolish high school building if bond issue passes (2/15/17)24
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Business notebook: Owners ready to roll out the Barrel 131 (2/20/17)4
- Apparent punch at girls basketball game propels lawmaker into action (2/21/17)4
- Former Cape cop indicted on possessing child porn (2/17/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
- Ray's of Kelso to close, then reopen under new ownership (2/16/17)6
Time to move on to positive things
To the editor:
What is the deal with the Southeast Missourian on the Ward 3 candidates in Cape Girardeau? Every article about Ward 3 always mentions the felony crimes of the two candidates.
I'm quite sure these two candidates would like to put their mistakes in the past and move on to more positive things for the city. Nobody is perfect except God. Are all the other candidates so perfect that they don't have any skeletons in their closets?
ANDREW J. WESTRICH, Jackson