- Woman's post about 'Back the Blue' sign in Jackson coffee shop prompts firing from nearby bar (8/15/17)11
- Scott City man dies in motorcycle crash near Millersville (8/13/17)
- Sands Pancake House moving to Morgan Oak location (8/11/17)1
- Stoogefest headliner cancels, cites NAACP travel advisory in Missouri (8/15/17)2
- Cape movie theater to feature recliners, new food and drink options (8/11/17)3
- Teen convicted of shooting area woman in 2015 (8/13/17)
- Man accused of making terror threats against dental office (8/13/17)
- Councilman: Scott City mayor, city administrator resigned (8/15/17)4
- Woman dies in house fire in Cape Girardeau County (8/16/17)
- How to save a life: Lifeguards resuscitated young girl at Cape Splash (8/17/17)2
Time to move on to positive things
To the editor:
What is the deal with the Southeast Missourian on the Ward 3 candidates in Cape Girardeau? Every article about Ward 3 always mentions the felony crimes of the two candidates.
I'm quite sure these two candidates would like to put their mistakes in the past and move on to more positive things for the city. Nobody is perfect except God. Are all the other candidates so perfect that they don't have any skeletons in their closets?
ANDREW J. WESTRICH, Jackson