- Peter Kinder resigns federal agency post, concludes position unnecessary and waste of tax dollars (6/16/18)2
- Stormy Daniels to visit East Cape Girardeau (6/13/18)20
- Longtime downtown Cape bartender Marcellus Jones remembered by friends (6/12/18)2
- Committee to start planning process for indoor aquatic center in Cape (6/20/18)1
- A community rallies behind Honorable Young Men's Club (6/16/18)1
- Southeast to spend $150,000 to refresh brand with Ohio firm (6/19/18)6
- New urban dance studio opens on Broadway (6/15/18)2
- Jackson natives compete in 260-mile canoe race (6/16/18)1
- Couple charged in beating death at Brick's (6/13/18)
- Mother, child reportedly hit by car in Cape Girardeau (6/18/18)
Time to move on to positive things
To the editor:
What is the deal with the Southeast Missourian on the Ward 3 candidates in Cape Girardeau? Every article about Ward 3 always mentions the felony crimes of the two candidates.
I'm quite sure these two candidates would like to put their mistakes in the past and move on to more positive things for the city. Nobody is perfect except God. Are all the other candidates so perfect that they don't have any skeletons in their closets?
ANDREW J. WESTRICH, Jackson