- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Lucille M. Whistler, 97, of Perryville died Dec. 16, 2009, at Perry Oaks Manor.
She was born March 1, 1912, in Perryville, daughter of the late Emil and Lona Tucker Miget.
She was married Nov. 24, 1932, to Chalmer Whistler, who preceded her in death May 19, 1973.
Survivors include three daughters, Neoma (Bob) Moffat of Crestwood, Mo., Carol (Clarence) Tunnicliff of Sunset Hills, Mo., Faye (Ted) Graff of Perryville; and a daughter-in-law, Mary Ann (Kenneth, deceased) Whistler of Glendale, Mo.; 11 grandchildren; 20 great-grandchildren; and nine great-great-grandchildren.
Mrs. Whistler had worked at International Shoe Co. She was a member of St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church, Daughters of Isabella and Knights of Columbus Ladies Auxiliary Council 1263.
She was preceded in death by her parents, husband, a son, four brothers and a sister.
Visitation for Mrs. Whistler will be from 3 to 9 p.m. Sunday, with a parish wake at 8:30, and from 6:30 to 9:30 a.m. Monday at Young and Sons Funeral Home in Perryville. She will then be taken to St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church for Mass at 10 a.m., with the Rev. Milton Ryan officiating.
Burial will be in Mount Hope Cemetery.
Memorials are preferred to St. Vincent School Tuition Fund.