- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Elizabeth Anne "Betty" Friedrich, 77, of Whitewater passed away Sunday, Dec. 13, 2009, at Southeast Missouri Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Aug. 16, 1932, in Cape Girardeau, daughter of John W. and Sophia L. Neumeyer Deneke. She and Harl E. Friedrich were married May 12, 1957, at Zion Methodist Church in Gordonville.
Betty was a 1950 graduate of Delta High School and attended the former Cape Business College in Cape Girardeau. She was a teller at the former Gordonville Bank a number of years and was a lifelong member of Zion United Methodist Church in Gordonville. She was active in UMW and worked in other various church functions.
Betty was a devoted wife, mother and grandmother.
Loving survivors include her husband of 52 years; two sons, Hal Friedrich of Alder, Mont., Charles (Cristina) Friedrich of Cape Girardeau; three daughters, Julie Francis of Cape Girardeau, Kristy Friedrich of Whitewater, Jeanne Friedrich of Chaffee, Mo.; a sister, Carol Wedekind of Webster Groves, Mo.; and five grandchildren, Brandon and Katie Francis, Christian and Michael Perez and Benjamin Friedrich.
She was preceded in death by her parents.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. today at McCombs Funeral Home and Cremation Center in Jackson and from 9:30 a.m. until service time Thursday at Zion United Methodist Church.
The funeral will be at 10:30 a.m. Thursday at the church, with the Revs. Ann Mowery and Zach Strong officiating. Interment will follow in Zion Methodist Cemetery.
Memorials may be made to Zion Methodist Cemetery Fund.
Sympathy messages may be sent to the family online at www.mccombsfuneralhome.com.