- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
Ann P. O'Connell, 95, of Cape Girardeau died Saturday, Dec. 12, 2009, at Southeast Missouri Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
She was born April 3, 1914, in Bell City, Mo., to Lawrence and Eve W. Adkins Reed. She and Elmer W. O'Connell were married in 1950 in Cape Girardeau. He died Nov. 28, 1987.
Mrs. O'Connell was a seamstress at Rust & Martin. She was a very active member of Trinity Lutheran Church and its Ladies Aid.
Survivors include a son, Jerry O'Connell Geolat of Terre du Lac, Mo.; nine grandchildren; and many great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents, three sons and two brothers.
Visitation will be from 4 to 8 p.m. Thursday at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Friday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Douglas Breite officiating. Burial will be in Lorimier Cemetery.
Memorial contributions may be given to Trinity Lutheran Church.
Online condolences may be made at www.fordandsonsfuneralhome.com.