- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Dennis A. Gibson, 55, of Cape Girardeau died Saturday, Dec. 12, 2009, at Saint Francis Medical Center.
He was born Jan. 7, 1954, in Cape Girardeau, to Dentist and Mary McCartey Gibson.
He was a general contractor with Gibson Services and Enterprises where he worked with his sons, Dennis and Shane. He was an avid duck hunter and fisherman.
Survivors include his mother, Mary Gibson of Gordonville; three sons, Dennis, Shane and Jason Gibson of Cape Girardeau; three grandchildren, Delaney and Chase Gibson, and Jasmine Nickens; fiancee, Cara Chapman-Thompson of Kelso, Mo.
He was preceded in death by his father.
Visitation will be from 6 to 8 p.m. Thursday at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home.
There is no funeral planned at this time.
Online condolences may be made at www.fordandsonsfuneralhome.com.