- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Theola Jean Wilson, 88, of Farmington, Mo., formerly of Cape Girardeau, passed away Tuesday, Dec. 8, 2009, in Farmington.
Jean was raised by her grandmother, Emma E. Erlbacher. She was a Girl Scout leader 37 years and a 4-H leader. Jean was an accomplished ceramics artist, teacher and member of the Arts and Craft Guild.
Survivors include four children, John "Corky" (Nancy) Wilson of McClure, Ill., Patricia (Duwane) Williams of Farmington, Jeanne Johnson (Kenneth Dunlap) of Caledonia, Mo., Jerry (Beverly) Wilson of McClure; a sister, Joyce (Charles) Blattner; two brothers, Jerry (Ciss) Erlbacher, David (Ricki) Erlbacher, all of Cape Girardeau; eight grandchildren; 14 great-grandchildren; and a great-great-grandchild.
She was preceded in death by her father, Edwin A. Erlbacher; stepmother, Grace Erlbacher Dace; husband, John Wilson; and infant twin daughters, Mary Joanne and Mary Janine Wilson.
Visitation starts Saturday at 1 p.m. at Taylor Funeral Service in Farmington.
The funeral will be at 2 p.m. Saturday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Rocky Good officiating. Visitation resumes after the funeral and continues until 6 p.m. Interment will be at 2 p.m. Sunday at Cape County Memorial Park, with the Rev. Randy Morgan officiating.
Jean's husband's cremated remains will be interred with Jean.
Memorials may be made to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.
A photo obituary, video tribute and guest book are online at www.taylorfuneral.com.