* Cargill will award scholarships to 350 high school seniors living in communities near company operations. The company will award one-time scholarships of $1,000 and a $200 grant to each recipient's high-school library. The application is processed through National Future Farmers of America but students do not need to be members to be eligible. Applications are due Feb. 15. Guidelines and applications are available at cargill.com and ffa.org.
The following students received scholarships to attend Southeast Missouri State University for the 2009-2010 school year:
* Brad Hughey of Cape Girardeau, Kylie P. Goodier of Jackson and Ben Cahill of Burfordville each received a Regents' Scholarship.
* Tori Caldwell of Oran, Mo., received a Missouri Assessment Program Scholarship.
* April N. Mayberry of Jackson received a President's Plus scholarship.
* Jace Walz and Quitman McBride III, seniors at Cape Girardeau Central High School, were named to the 2010 Missouri All-State Choir. They will travel to Osage Beach, Mo., to perform with the choir in January at the Missouri Music Educators Association Conference at Tan-Tar-A Resort.
* The following students recently received the Eagle Scout rank:
Tyler Tuschhoff of Jackson High School completed an improvement project at the Ware Memorial Monument near Interstate 55.
Josh Sellers painted a large-scale map of the United States in the parking lot of Immaculate Conception School in Jackson.
Austin Sutterer of Jackson High School constructed a kick-back board at the Jackson Soccer Park.
John McLain of Notre Dame Regional High School built a bench and retaining wall at St. Joseph Parish in Apple Creek, Mo.
-- From staff reports