- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Rose Mary Jones
MOUNDS, Ill. -- Rose Mary Gunn Jones, 80, of Mounds died Tuesday, Dec. 8, 2009, at Western Baptist Hospital in Paducah, Ky.
Rose Mary was born June 24, 1929, in Cairo, Ill., daughter of the late Zon and Mary Turner Vick.
Rose Mary was a member of Shiloh Baptist Church and its Women's Missionary Union at Villa Ridge, Ill., where she was Sunday school secretary. She was treasurer of Shiloh Cemetery Association, and a member of Order of Eastern Star in Olive Branch, Ill.
She was preceded in death by her parents; her first husband, Don C. Gunn, on March 26, 1952; second husband, Capt. Charles L. Jones, on Dec. 7, 1989; and a son-in-law, Billy Joe Washam.
Survivors include two daughters, Donna Washam of Miller City, Ill., Melissa (Randy) Gardner of Mounds; a special niece, Jackie (Kenny) Moore of Mounds; a sister, Margaret "Tootie" (Bill) Tally of Altamont, Ill.; three grandsons, Grant and Kyle Gardner and Alex Washam, two special grandsons, Rob Moore and Scott Washam; a great-granddaughter, Sabrina Gardner; nieces and nephews.
Friends may call from 5 to 8 p.m. today at Jones Funeral Home in Villa Ridge.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Friday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Larry Miller officiating. Interment will be in Cairo City Cemetery at Villa Ridge.