- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)26
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Ida Mae Williams, 81, of Cape Girardeau died Monday, Dec. 7, 2009, at the Lutheran Home.
She was born July 28, 1928, in Cape Girardeau, to Josh and Lula Cardwell Williams.
Williams was a residential housekeeper many years. She was also a cook at Sunny Hill Restaurant.
Survivors include a brother, Roberts Williams of Norfolk, Va.; a sister, Ruby Johnson of Chicago; a cousin and friend, Cora Sides of Cape Girardeau; many nieces, nephews, great-nieces and nephews, great-great-nieces and nephews; a host of other relatives and friends.
She was preceded in death by her parents, seven brothers and two sisters.
Visitation will be from 11 a.m. to service time Friday at Crain Funeral Home in Cape Girardeau.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Friday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Johnny Thomas officiating. Interment will be in Fairmount Cemetery.
Memorials may be made to New Bethel Missionary Baptist Church, and will be accepted at the funeral home.
To leave online condolences visit www.crainsonline.com.