- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)36
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
Ida Mae Williams, 81, of Cape Girardeau died Monday, Dec. 7, 2009, at the Lutheran Home.
She was born July 28, 1928, in Cape Girardeau, to Josh and Lula Cardwell Williams.
Williams was a residential housekeeper many years. She was also a cook at Sunny Hill Restaurant.
Survivors include a brother, Roberts Williams of Norfolk, Va.; a sister, Ruby Johnson of Chicago; a cousin and friend, Cora Sides of Cape Girardeau; many nieces, nephews, great-nieces and nephews, great-great-nieces and nephews; a host of other relatives and friends.
She was preceded in death by her parents, seven brothers and two sisters.
Visitation will be from 11 a.m. to service time Friday at Crain Funeral Home in Cape Girardeau.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Friday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Johnny Thomas officiating. Interment will be in Fairmount Cemetery.
Memorials may be made to New Bethel Missionary Baptist Church, and will be accepted at the funeral home.
To leave online condolences visit www.crainsonline.com.