- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)37
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Southeast softball defeats Morehead St.
Southeast Missouri State University's softball team climbed to .500 in Ohio Valley Conference play with a 3-1 win Saturday at Morehead State.
The Redhawks (14-10, 3-3) took two of three games from Morehead in the two-day series. Amy Fahnestock once again shut down the Eagles, pitching a complete game three-hitter. Fahnestock, who won both games in the series for Southeast, struck out nine and walked two.
Kelly Birk had two of Southeast's eight hits. Megan McDonald, Fahnestock and Victoria Torrez each had an RBI.
Southeast will play a pair of non-conference games Tuesday at Evansville.