- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Business memo 03/28/05
Scott City firm buys video packaging product line
Scott City-based Blair Packaging Inc. has acquired the Mercury label videocassette packaging product line from Ohio-based NEXPAK. The asset purchase includes the intellectual property rights, patents and machine tooling for the Mercury soft vinyl VHS packaging line as well as several other vinyl-based packaging products. Blair Packaging also purchased the company's vinyl case production lines, which the Southeast Missouri manufacturer has begun moving to its Scott City production plant. Production from this new product line is expected to start in April.
WIB sponsoring job fair in Advance next month
A job fair will be held from 2 p.m. to 7 p.m. April 12 at the Knights of Columbus Hall at 33925 Highway 91 in Advance, Mo. The sponsor is the Workforce Investment Board of Southeast Missouri. For more information, contact WIB at 334-0990 or (800) 451-0990.