- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
TAMMS, Ill. -- Betty A. Calvin McDaniel, 74, of Tamms died Saturday, Dec. 5, 2009, at Southeast Missouri Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
She was born May 14, 1935, in Pulaski, Ill., daughter of the late Lawrence and Dorothy Lackey Calvin.
She was a member of Tamms Community Church and a former factory employee of Anna Shoe Co.
Survivors include a son, Ricky (Mary Catherine) McDaniel of Tamms; two daughters, Susan (Lee) Mowery of Tamms, Nancy (George) Henderson of Thebes, Ill.; a daughter-in-law, Teresa McDaniel of Cape Girardeau; a brother, Jim (Janet) Calvin of Akron, Ohio; a sister, Charlotte Farris of Ullin, Ill.; seven grandchildren; seven great-grandchildren; and several nieces and nephews.
She was preceded in death by her parents; her husband, Jesse Ardell McDaniel, who died April 11, 1992; a daughter, Charlotte Ann Vaughn; and a son, James A. "Jimmy" McDaniel.
Friends may call from 10 a.m. until time of service Wednesday at Jones Funeral Home in Tamms.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Wednesday at the funeral home, with Larry Buckles officiating. Interment will follow in St. John's Cemetery in Dongola, Ill.