- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Hess couple marks 40th
Charles and Mary Hess of Scott City recently celebrated their 40th wedding anniversary with a family dinner at their home.
Hess and Mary Dirnberger were married Jan. 9, 1965, at St. Lawrence Catholic Church in New Hamburg, Mo. The Rev. Clem Ilmberger performed the ceremony.
The couple's children and spouses are: Kevin and Carrie Hess of Jonesboro, Ill., Timothy and Diane Hess of Bartlett, Tenn., Steven and Christy Hess of Gordonville; and Pamela and Kelly Allen of Cape Girardeau.
They have seven grandchildren: Mindy and Larry Bryant, Alexis and Lance Dixon, Olivia and Anna Hess, and Sarene Allen; and three great-grandchildren, Jordan Abraham, Trinity Bryant, and Ronnie Abraham III.