- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Neighbors mystified over why man was killed by state trooper (05/03/16)20
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- 'American Pickers' visits Poplar Bluff (04/29/16)
TAMMS, Ill. -- Betty A. (Calvin) McDaniel, 74, of Tamms died Saturday, Dec. 5, 2009, at Southeast Missouri Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
She was born May 14, 1935, in Pulaski, Ill., daughter of the late Lawrence and Dorothy Lackey Calvin.
She was a member of the Tamms Community Church, a former factory employee of Anna Shoe Co., a housewife and a homemaker.
Survivors include a son, Ricky (Mary Catherine) McDaniel of Tamms; two daughters, Susan (Lee) Mowery of Tamms and Nancy (George) Henderson of Thebes, Ill.; a brother, Jim (Janet) Calvin of Akron, Ohio; a sister, Charlotte Farris of Ullin, Ill.; seven grandchildren; seven great-grandchildren; and several nieces and nephews.
She was preceded in death by her parents; her husband, Jesse Ardell McDaniel, who died April 11, 1992; a daughter, Charlotte Ann Vaughn; and a son, James A. "Jimmy" McDaniel.
Friends may call from 10 a.m. until time of service Wednesday at Jones Funeral Home in Tamms.
The funeral for will be at 1 p.m. Wednesday at the funeral home, with Bro. Larry Buckles officiating.
Interment will follow in St. John's Cemetery in Dongola, Ill.