- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
CHAFFEE, Mo. -- Jacqueline Machelle Emerson, 42, of Chaffee died Thursday, Dec. 3, 2009, at the family home.
She was born Sept. 14, 1967, in Cape Girardeau, daughter of Johnny Hanners of Troy, Mo., and Karen Mason Whorton of Cape Girardeau.
Emerson was a member of Cape County Cowboy Church in Oak Ridge.
Survivors include her parents; a son, Tyler Emerson; two grandsons, Brayden and Elisha Emerson, all of Gulf Shores, Ala.; a brother, John Hanners of Cape Girardeau; and grandfather, Jay D. Hanners of Commerce, Mo.
Visitation will be from 8:30 a.m. to time of service Tuesday at Cape County Cowboy Church.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Tuesday at the church, with the Rev. Jim Matthews officiating.
Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Chaffee is in charge of arrangements.