- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Lloyd Dayton Bowers, 62, of Gordonville died Friday, Dec. 4, 2009, at his home.
He was born Thursday, Dec. 5, 1946 in Advance, Mo., the son of George Washington and Victoria Eakins Bowers.
He and Dorothy Baert were married Saturday, June 11, 1966.
Lloyd loved being on the farm and was proudest of his two children, Michael and Marsha, and PaPa's little angels, Madison, Jenna and Lukas.
Survivors include his wife, Dorothy Bowers of Gordonville; a son, Michael Bowers of Barnhardt, Mo.; a daughter, Marsha (Joe) Greene of Jackson; two brothers, James (Dorothy) Bowers of Cape Girardeau and his twin, Floyd (Bonnie) Bowers of Advance; four sisters, Betty (Loyd) Moore of Cape Girardeau, Mary (Nolan) Baker of St. Peters, Mo., Shirley (Carmen) Wilton and Bonnie Bowers both of Cape Girardeau; three grandchildren, Madison Bowers, Jenna Greene, and Lukas Greene; three sisters-in-law, Wanda Bowers, Ruth Ann (Lee) Sadler of Chaffee and Helen (Tom) Gill-Wilferth of Jackson; a brother-in-law, Bob Baert of Chaffee; and 27 nieces and nephews.
He was preceded in death by his parents; three brothers, Gene, Junior, and Jessie Bowers, and one sister-in-law, Patsy Bowers.
There is no visitation.
Funeral service will be at 1 p.m. Monday at Fairview Baptist Church in Advance, with the Rev. Bob Lewis officiating.
Burial will follow at Fairview Cemetery in Advance.
Memorial contributions may be given to Fairview Baptist Church or Fairview Cemetery Fund c/o Bobby Crites, 6509 County Road 253, Advance, MO 63730.
Online condolences may be made at www.fordandsonsfuneralhome.com.