- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)34
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)8
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Perry County: A great place to find home away from home (10/14/16)
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
Kids and elderly need our help
You'd be surprised how many Christmas shoppers say they have already purchased every item on their gift lists, thanks to good planning and taking advantage of early bargains. Others are still looking for something special or for that popular-but-not-in-stock gift. And then there's the rest of us: Christmas is less than three weeks away? You've got to be kidding!
Whether you've finished or just starting your shopping, please consider adding a couple of names to your gift list: Toybox and Christmas for the Elderly. These programs, which aim to fill the requests of needy children and senior citizens in Cape Girardeau, are a mainstay of the many wonderful charitable efforts being made as Christmas draws near.
There are Toybox drop-off locations all over town. Or you can mail cash contributions to Toybox or Christmas for the Elderly: P.O. Box 4, Cape Girardeau, MO 63702.
Both programs rely on your generous assistance. Please do whatever you can to help before holiday cheer is delivered to hundreds of households made brighter by your giving spirit. Thank you.