- Missing Jackson woman found dead in Bollinger County pond (06/23/16)2
- Many Jackson students may face random drug-testing (06/26/16)30
- Village of Zalma must disincorporate, law says (06/23/16)5
- Jackson man accused of felony assault after attack at Cape bar (06/26/16)7
- I want an angry president (06/21/16)17
- Man allegedly kicks woman, punches man after denied a sexual favor (06/23/16)
- Witness says he saw suspect kill his best friend (06/24/16)
- Officials: Ash borer less of a problem here than in St. Louis (06/27/16)
- Advance graduate will become superintendent of its schools (06/21/16)1
- Odd court hearing ends with judge declaring probable cause in abuse case (06/22/16)4
Kids and elderly need our help
You'd be surprised how many Christmas shoppers say they have already purchased every item on their gift lists, thanks to good planning and taking advantage of early bargains. Others are still looking for something special or for that popular-but-not-in-stock gift. And then there's the rest of us: Christmas is less than three weeks away? You've got to be kidding!
Whether you've finished or just starting your shopping, please consider adding a couple of names to your gift list: Toybox and Christmas for the Elderly. These programs, which aim to fill the requests of needy children and senior citizens in Cape Girardeau, are a mainstay of the many wonderful charitable efforts being made as Christmas draws near.
There are Toybox drop-off locations all over town. Or you can mail cash contributions to Toybox or Christmas for the Elderly: P.O. Box 4, Cape Girardeau, MO 63702.
Both programs rely on your generous assistance. Please do whatever you can to help before holiday cheer is delivered to hundreds of households made brighter by your giving spirit. Thank you.