- Cape fines contractor $1,100 a day for street-project delays; contractor blames utility relocations (5/18/17)13
- Deputies: Man, woman tried to arrange killing of his estranged wife (5/21/17)1
- Attorney general seeks bond revocation for embattled sheriff (5/17/17)3
- I will not be silenced (5/16/17)4
- Tractors owners to open restaurant in new Drury Plaza Hotel (5/15/17)
- Cape police say man assaulted, kidnapped girlfriend (5/21/17)2
- Mississippi County sheriff fights efforts in court to remove him from office (5/21/17)4
- Attorney general to review request to probe Oran timecard allegations; claims spark denials on Facebook (5/16/17)2
- Man accused of using stolen RV to break into airport (5/16/17)
- Cape man accused of shooting a woman in Jackson (5/21/17)
Cape Central students selected for prestigious All-State Choir
Cape Central High School Seniors Jace Walz and Quitman McBride III have been named to the prestigious Missouri All-State Choir for 2010. They will travel to Osage, Missouri to perform with the nationally-known choir in January at the MMEA Conference at Tan-Tar-A Resort.
McBride and Walz were previously named to the Southeast Missouri All-District Choir after a rigorous audition process, and performed at the River Campus in November. The selection process involves a demanding "blind" audition, with students performing behind a screen, while judges score the performances based on tone quality, vocal technique, sight-reading, and solo singing.