- Two men accused of selling meth to undercover cop (6/22/17)
- Cape man stabbed in head, arm after strip-club incident; skull fractured, police say (6/25/17)3
- Custom cuts: Local hairstylist provides free haircuts to special-needs children (6/26/17)3
- Police: Man grabbed wheel, tried to kill driver and himself in Jackson crash (6/23/17)
- Jackson scores high in survey of residents; better streets, Aldi are high priorities (6/20/17)4
- Annual SEMO District Fair event lineup announced (6/23/17)1
- Marble Hill mayor hires city manager without board approval (6/21/17)4
- Oran town board fired officer before hiring him as police chief; city officials say they can't remember reason for firing (6/25/17)2
- Playing with fire (6/25/17)
- Two charged in theft of jewelry from Cape storage facility (6/23/17)1
Cape Central students selected for prestigious All-State Choir
Cape Central High School Seniors Jace Walz and Quitman McBride III have been named to the prestigious Missouri All-State Choir for 2010. They will travel to Osage, Missouri to perform with the nationally-known choir in January at the MMEA Conference at Tan-Tar-A Resort.
McBride and Walz were previously named to the Southeast Missouri All-District Choir after a rigorous audition process, and performed at the River Campus in November. The selection process involves a demanding "blind" audition, with students performing behind a screen, while judges score the performances based on tone quality, vocal technique, sight-reading, and solo singing.