- Sikeston singer moves on with 'The Voice' (10/16/17)
- Police chief, council: Cape Girardeau faces growing gun violence (10/17/17)4
- Politics to profits: Brothers launch new investing concept on Wall Street (10/19/17)1
- Load shift kills Jackson trucker (10/17/17)
- Developer asks court to OK tax district board for improvements near Hobby Lobby (10/17/17)4
- The last person to be laid to rest at Old Lorimier Cemetery: Mary Russell Fox (10/17/17)2
- Cape Christian School burglarized (10/18/17)
- Food Giant in Chaffee is robbed (10/17/17)
- Owner of dinosaur relics demands new board of directors, business plan at Bollinger County Museum (10/17/17)
- Cape's casino flourishing as it celebrates fifth year (10/22/17)3
Cape Central students selected for prestigious All-State Choir
Cape Central High School Seniors Jace Walz and Quitman McBride III have been named to the prestigious Missouri All-State Choir for 2010. They will travel to Osage, Missouri to perform with the nationally-known choir in January at the MMEA Conference at Tan-Tar-A Resort.
McBride and Walz were previously named to the Southeast Missouri All-District Choir after a rigorous audition process, and performed at the River Campus in November. The selection process involves a demanding "blind" audition, with students performing behind a screen, while judges score the performances based on tone quality, vocal technique, sight-reading, and solo singing.