- Police: Man dies from self-inflicted gunshot after standoff in south Cape (1/14/18)3
- Here's what's being built next to Chick-fil-A in Cape (1/18/18)1
- Cape lands new summer-league baseball team; Capaha Field to see major upgrades (1/20/18)9
- Man sentenced to life for killing mother, burning her body; mouth taped shut at hearing (1/20/18)
- Author of Waller's manuscript rewarded for helping feds (1/13/18)
- Young author gave up TV at age 7 to pursue writing, and has recently finished his third novel (1/20/18)
- Redhawk Food Pantry helping Southeast students, employees who need assistance with food, supplies (1/19/18)2
- Cinderella shines in debut at Bedell (1/20/18)
- 3 mayor candidates in Scott City; former mayor Porch files for council seat (1/18/18)
- Chronic wasting disease found in 2 Southeast Missouri deer; whether disease transferable to humans unknown (1/18/18)
Cape Central students selected for prestigious All-State Choir
Cape Central High School Seniors Jace Walz and Quitman McBride III have been named to the prestigious Missouri All-State Choir for 2010. They will travel to Osage, Missouri to perform with the nationally-known choir in January at the MMEA Conference at Tan-Tar-A Resort.
McBride and Walz were previously named to the Southeast Missouri All-District Choir after a rigorous audition process, and performed at the River Campus in November. The selection process involves a demanding "blind" audition, with students performing behind a screen, while judges score the performances based on tone quality, vocal technique, sight-reading, and solo singing.