- Obama shortens sentence of inmate from Cape (1/19/17)9
- Jackson police describe night of anger, car crashes, drug possession by 18-year-old (1/22/17)5
- Business notebook: Jackson salon owner also opens a clothing store (1/16/17)
- Area hospitals hope a box helps prevent infant deaths (1/19/17)6
- Meat-processing plant faces $70K penalty for Clean Water Act violations (1/17/17)4
- Local students to perform with choir at inauguration (1/19/17)3
- Southeast to lose $3.5 million from state in budget cuts (1/18/17)21
- Subjects of interest in 1992 killing take polygraph tests; results not revealed (1/18/17)2
- Governor cuts $146 million, colleges take hit (1/17/17)
- Comedian, cancer survivor Tom Green headlines sold-out Cancer Center benefit (1/22/17)
Cape Central students selected for prestigious All-State Choir
Cape Central High School Seniors Jace Walz and Quitman McBride III have been named to the prestigious Missouri All-State Choir for 2010. They will travel to Osage, Missouri to perform with the nationally-known choir in January at the MMEA Conference at Tan-Tar-A Resort.
McBride and Walz were previously named to the Southeast Missouri All-District Choir after a rigorous audition process, and performed at the River Campus in November. The selection process involves a demanding "blind" audition, with students performing behind a screen, while judges score the performances based on tone quality, vocal technique, sight-reading, and solo singing.