- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Austin - 50 Years
Mr. and Mrs. Doug Austin of Cape Girardeau recently celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary with a family dinner.
Hosts were their daughters, Tina (Alex) Dolbeare of Columbus, Ind., and Teri (Scott) Goodman of Cape Girardeau. Also attending were their grandchildren, Austin Doyle and Nevada Dolbeare of Columbus, Meg and John Paul Goodman of Cape Girardeau.
Austin and Frances Moore were married Nov. 27, 1959, in Walnut Ridge, Ark.
He was a marketing director with Fleming Companies Inc., retiring in 2000. Mrs. Austin taught math in the Cape Girardeau School District, as well as in Arkansas, Indiana and Oklahoma. She is currently a private tutor.
As anniversary gifts to each other, the Austins enjoyed back-to-back cruises to the Caribbean.