- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Three from Sikeston injured in crash Thursday
SIKESTON, Mo. - A Sikeston woman was seriously injured and two Sikeston men sustained moderate injuries in a crash Thursday afternoon.
The accident occurred around 4 p.m. at US 60 and Route FF, the Missouri State Highway Patrol said. A 1994 Lincoln driven by Gorman K. Hartlein, 87, was attempting to cross US 60, failed to yield and was struck by a 1987 Jeep driven by Kenneth N. Haynes, 56.
Jean Hartlein, 68, a passenger in the Lincoln, was transported by air evac to Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau, where she was treated for serious injuries. Gorman Hartlein and Haynes were taken to Missouri Delta Medical Center in Siekston for treatment of moderate injuries.
All three were wearing their seatbelts at the time of the crash, the highway patrol said.