- Cape businessman known for starting NARS dies at 49 (2/23/17)9
- Apparent punch at girls basketball game propels lawmaker into action (2/21/17)4
- Japanese restaurant up and running; owner surprised by fondness of sushi here (2/24/17)1
- SoutheastHEALTH, Washington University School of Medicine announce collaboration (2/24/17)23
- Missouri bill would limit transgender school bathroom access (2/22/17)48
- A shot at a Harley: Man's basketball feat at Southeast game wins new motorcycle (2/27/17)
- Two men crack market with local cage-free eggs (2/26/17)13
- Singer Neal Boyd says he faces physical therapy after Jan. 22 traffic accident (2/27/17)
- City issues precautionary boil order near Arena Park (2/23/17)
- Former KFVS12 reporter talks about recovery from eating disorder (2/23/17)11
Legislation is misleading
Health care reform legislation is not really about your health. It is merely a tool by which government is going to take over a large share of the national economy, even more so than it already has. It is another form of taxation and monetary redistribution.
Cap-and-trade is another form of taxation that will kill jobs and result in another power grab by the government, with redistribution of our tax money to other countries. It will do nothing but line the pockets of various dictators and warlords in Third World countries. It will do nothing about the climate.
Those of you still believing the government is looking out for your best interests in the form of the above legislation may be interested in this historical bridge I have for sale in Brooklyn.
TERRY CANUPP, Cape Girardeau