- Two men accused of selling meth to undercover cop (6/22/17)
- Police: Man grabbed wheel, tried to kill driver and himself in Jackson crash (6/23/17)
- Jackson scores high in survey of residents; better streets, Aldi are high priorities (6/20/17)4
- Former Cape cop faces stealing-by-deceit charge (6/18/17)4
- Marble Hill mayor hires city manager without board approval (6/21/17)2
- Cape man faces charges of victim tampering (6/18/17)
- Two charged in theft of jewelry from Cape storage facility (6/23/17)1
- Library provides free lunches this summer (6/19/17)
- Fire destroys two greenhouses at Travelers Gazebo site in Cape (6/22/17)
- Annual SEMO District Fair event lineup announced (6/23/17)
Legislation is misleading
Health care reform legislation is not really about your health. It is merely a tool by which government is going to take over a large share of the national economy, even more so than it already has. It is another form of taxation and monetary redistribution.
Cap-and-trade is another form of taxation that will kill jobs and result in another power grab by the government, with redistribution of our tax money to other countries. It will do nothing but line the pockets of various dictators and warlords in Third World countries. It will do nothing about the climate.
Those of you still believing the government is looking out for your best interests in the form of the above legislation may be interested in this historical bridge I have for sale in Brooklyn.
TERRY CANUPP, Cape Girardeau