- Woman's post about 'Back the Blue' sign in Jackson coffee shop prompts firing from nearby bar (8/15/17)11
- Scott City man dies in motorcycle crash near Millersville (8/13/17)
- Sands Pancake House moving to Morgan Oak location (8/11/17)1
- Stoogefest headliner cancels, cites NAACP travel advisory in Missouri (8/15/17)2
- How to save a life: Lifeguards resuscitated young girl at Cape Splash (8/17/17)2
- Teen convicted of shooting area woman in 2015 (8/13/17)
- Man accused of making terror threats against dental office (8/13/17)
- Councilman: Scott City mayor, city administrator resigned (8/15/17)4
- Cape movie theater to feature recliners, new food and drink options (8/11/17)3
- Woman dies in house fire in Cape Girardeau County (8/16/17)
Legislation is misleading
Health care reform legislation is not really about your health. It is merely a tool by which government is going to take over a large share of the national economy, even more so than it already has. It is another form of taxation and monetary redistribution.
Cap-and-trade is another form of taxation that will kill jobs and result in another power grab by the government, with redistribution of our tax money to other countries. It will do nothing but line the pockets of various dictators and warlords in Third World countries. It will do nothing about the climate.
Those of you still believing the government is looking out for your best interests in the form of the above legislation may be interested in this historical bridge I have for sale in Brooklyn.
TERRY CANUPP, Cape Girardeau