- Missing Jackson woman found dead in Bollinger County pond (06/23/16)3
- Village of Zalma must disincorporate, law says (06/23/16)5
- Jackson man accused of felony assault after attack at Cape bar (06/26/16)4
- I want an angry president (06/21/16)16
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Man allegedly kicks woman, punches man after denied a sexual favor (06/23/16)
- Witness says he saw suspect kill his best friend (06/24/16)
- Advance graduate will become superintendent of its schools (06/21/16)1
- Odd court hearing ends with judge declaring probable cause in abuse case (06/22/16)4
- Many Jackson students may face random drug-testing (06/26/16)17
Legislation is misleading
Health care reform legislation is not really about your health. It is merely a tool by which government is going to take over a large share of the national economy, even more so than it already has. It is another form of taxation and monetary redistribution.
Cap-and-trade is another form of taxation that will kill jobs and result in another power grab by the government, with redistribution of our tax money to other countries. It will do nothing but line the pockets of various dictators and warlords in Third World countries. It will do nothing about the climate.
Those of you still believing the government is looking out for your best interests in the form of the above legislation may be interested in this historical bridge I have for sale in Brooklyn.
TERRY CANUPP, Cape Girardeau