- Here's what's being built next to Chick-fil-A in Cape (1/18/18)1
- Man sentenced to life for killing mother, burning her body; mouth taped shut at hearing (1/20/18)
- Cape lands new summer-league baseball team; Capaha Field to see major upgrades (1/20/18)11
- Police: Man dies from self-inflicted gunshot after standoff in south Cape (1/14/18)3
- Young author gave up TV at age 7 to pursue writing, and has recently finished his third novel (1/20/18)
- Redhawk Food Pantry helping Southeast students, employees who need assistance with food, supplies (1/19/18)2
- Cinderella shines in debut at Bedell (1/20/18)
- 3 mayor candidates in Scott City; former mayor Porch files for council seat (1/18/18)
- Chronic wasting disease found in 2 Southeast Missouri deer; whether disease transferable to humans unknown (1/18/18)
- Author of Waller's manuscript rewarded for helping feds (1/13/18)
Legislation is misleading
Health care reform legislation is not really about your health. It is merely a tool by which government is going to take over a large share of the national economy, even more so than it already has. It is another form of taxation and monetary redistribution.
Cap-and-trade is another form of taxation that will kill jobs and result in another power grab by the government, with redistribution of our tax money to other countries. It will do nothing but line the pockets of various dictators and warlords in Third World countries. It will do nothing about the climate.
Those of you still believing the government is looking out for your best interests in the form of the above legislation may be interested in this historical bridge I have for sale in Brooklyn.
TERRY CANUPP, Cape Girardeau