- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- Settlement reached in accidental shooting case at Kelly High (2/15/17)10
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)23
- Jackson board votes to demolish high school building if bond issue passes (2/15/17)24
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Business notebook: Owners ready to roll out the Barrel 131 (2/20/17)3
- Apparent punch at girls basketball game propels lawmaker into action (2/21/17)4
- Former Cape cop indicted on possessing child porn (2/17/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
- Ray's of Kelso to close, then reopen under new ownership (2/16/17)6
Cape hospitality ...
Arts and crafts sales the week before Thanksgiving have become a tradition in Cape Girardeau, with dozens of vendors setting up shop and featuring a splendid array of gift items. Also on display at this year's extravaganza at the Osage Community Centre was the heartfelt generosity of our community when one of the vendors had her sales receipts stolen.
Other vendors quickly raised several hundred dollars, and an anonymous donor contributed $2,500, to cover the loss. The vendor, from Jonesboro, Ark., wrote a letter to the editor thanking the community for its generous hospitality -- another example of Cape Girardeau at its best.