- Marble Hill fires entire sewer department (8/23/16)5
- Ex-Southeast student gets probation for placing homemade sex video on porn site without woman's knowledge (8/24/16)13
- The Chrome Queens (8/21/16)2
- Bootheel lawmaker seeks probe into crop damage by illegal herbicide spraying (8/24/16)1
- Witness says he saw man shoot Domorlo McCaster (8/19/16)2
- Local private school dreams bigger, plans for new building at Sprigg and Lexington (8/22/16)
- Newsmakers 2016: Jason Bandermann (8/15/16)
- Pitmasters to descend on Arena Park for Cape BBQ Fest (8/19/16)2
- Southeast imposes 'interim suspension' of Sigma Nu fraternity over vandalism incident (8/19/16)22
- New CEO named at Wood & Huston Bank (8/21/16)
Cape hospitality ...
Arts and crafts sales the week before Thanksgiving have become a tradition in Cape Girardeau, with dozens of vendors setting up shop and featuring a splendid array of gift items. Also on display at this year's extravaganza at the Osage Community Centre was the heartfelt generosity of our community when one of the vendors had her sales receipts stolen.
Other vendors quickly raised several hundred dollars, and an anonymous donor contributed $2,500, to cover the loss. The vendor, from Jonesboro, Ark., wrote a letter to the editor thanking the community for its generous hospitality -- another example of Cape Girardeau at its best.