- Man accused of setting fire to Delta bar; posted photos of it burning on Facebook (9/17/17)5
- McClure man accused of leaving children in hot truck while gambling in casino (9/19/17)1
- Say Cheese: The story behind the famous sandwiches at the East Perry Fair (9/22/17)
- New boutique store advocates for special-needs people (9/19/17)
- Anne Limbaugh dies, leaves legacy of caring (9/22/17)
- Planet Fitness to anchor Town Plaza shopping center (9/18/17)2
- Former major-league slugger Darryl Strawberry to speak at La Croix (9/20/17)
- Mo. conservation agents help fight fires in western U.S. (9/15/17)
- Retailer may come to Jackson; rezoning needed first (9/17/17)2
- Young entrepreneurs add fresh ideas, unique offerings for area market (9/18/17)
Cape hospitality ...
Arts and crafts sales the week before Thanksgiving have become a tradition in Cape Girardeau, with dozens of vendors setting up shop and featuring a splendid array of gift items. Also on display at this year's extravaganza at the Osage Community Centre was the heartfelt generosity of our community when one of the vendors had her sales receipts stolen.
Other vendors quickly raised several hundred dollars, and an anonymous donor contributed $2,500, to cover the loss. The vendor, from Jonesboro, Ark., wrote a letter to the editor thanking the community for its generous hospitality -- another example of Cape Girardeau at its best.