- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)39
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Siblings would appreciate drawing materials; woman needs bedding
Melinda, 6, and her 7-year-old brother and could use drawing materials, paper, crayons and colored pencils. Mom works, but having a single income will make Christmas meager. She said they love reading and would like age-appropriate books, puzzles and board games.
Help Toybox by bringing new toys to any Toybox location, including the Southeast Missourian at 301 Broadway. Make monetary donations to Toybox, P.O. Box 4, Cape Girardeau, MO 63702. Most-requested items are learning toys, Barbie dolls, Transformers, board games and Hannah Montana, Dora the Explorer and Spider-Man items.
Ms. F is 83 and recently had a stroke. She raised her grandson who, at 18, lives with and helps take care of her. She receives Social Security, but has trouble paying the bills. She hasn't had money to buy new clothes for several years and could use warm shoes, size 6 1/2, size medium sweat pants, socks and a warm coat, size large. She would also benefit from pots and pans, full-size sheets and a warm comforter and gift cards to John's Pharmacy and Sav-a-Lot.
Help Ms. F and other needy elderly people by bringing these items, grocery gift cards and grooming and cleaning supplies to the Southeast Missourian. Monetary donations can be sent to Christmas for the Elderly, P.O. Box 4, Cape Girardeau, MO 63702. All elderly served are living independently on limited incomes with few, if any, family members.