- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
MARBLE HILL, Mo. -- Margie M. Runnels, 75, of Marble Hill died Thursday, March 24, 2005, at Southeast Missouri Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Nov. 8, 1929, in Jackson, daughter of Homer E. and Lillie Myrtle Bollinger Hurst. She and Floyd W. Runnels were married April 20, 1951. He died March 15, 1995.
Runnels was a retired inspector with Paramount Hat Co. She was a member of Hahn Chapel General Baptist Church.
Survivors include a daughter, Jeanie Eddleman; a brother, Carl Hurst; a sister, Brenda Huff, all of Marble Hill; and a grandson.
She was preceded in death by her parents and a sister.
Friends may call at Liley Funeral Home in Marble Hill from 4 to 8 p.m. Sunday.
A graveside service will be held at 11 a.m. Monday at the Chapel of Memories Pavilion in Bollinger County Memorial Park Cemetery, with the Rev. Gerald Huff officiating.