- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
MARBLE HILL, Mo. -- Iva E. Nelson, 80, of Marble Hill died Thursday, March 24, 2005, at Elder Care.
She was born Sept. 19, 1924, at Hurricane, Mo., daughter of Lee and Kizzie C. Langston Cook. She and Donald D. Nelson were married May 10, 1962.
Nelson was a member of Hurricane Fork General Baptist Church.
Survivors include her husband; a son, Robert Nelson of St. Louis; two brothers, Grover and John Cook of Marble Hill; a sister, Ruby Hanners of Marble Hill; and two grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by four brothers and two sisters.
Friends may call at Liley Funeral Home in Marble Hill from 9 a.m. to service time today.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. today at the funeral home, with the Rev. Jimmie Fulbright officiating. Burial will be in Hurricane Fork Cemetery.