- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
SIKESTON, Mo. -- Gladys Allene Francis, 87, of Sikeston died Thursday, March 24, 2005, at Missouri Delta Medical Center.
She was born Jan. 28, 1918, in McCracken County, Ky., daughter of Charles Boyd and Laddie Bell Elrod Skinner. She and John Jefferson Francis were married Oct. 25, 1936. He died June 16, 1989.
Francis lived in Mississippi County, Mo., most of her life.
Survivors include two sons, Bill Francis of Charleston, Mo., Jerald Francis of Scott City; a daughter, Linda Sullivan of Wickliffe, Ky.; seven grandchildren; and nine great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a son, a grandson, four brothers and two sisters.
Friends may call at McMikle Funeral Home in Charleston from 10:30 a.m. today until time of service.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. today at the funeral home, with the Rev. Larry Potts officiating. Burial will be in Oak Grove Cemetery.