- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
William Dawson Pikey, 66, of St. Louis passed away suddenly Wednesday, March 23, 2005.
He was born Dec. 4, 1938, in Cape Girardeau.
Mr. Pikey was the dear father of Robyn R. (David Vitale) Pikey and Scott M. (Mary) Pikey; dear grandfather of Christian and Lauren Vitale, all of St. Louis; dear brother of Richard B. (Ann) Pikey of St. Louis, Robert G. (Donna) Pikey of Cape Girardeau; Nell Jane (the late Gary) Wadlington of St. Louis; and Dixie Pikey of St. Louis, mother of Robyn and Scott Pikey; dear uncle, cousin, and friend to many.
Mr. Pikey was a respected school administrator and basketball coach at Clayton High School in St. Louis more than 30 years. He started his distinguished basketball coaching career at Hancock High School and Advance High School before moving on to Clayton High School.
Coach Pikey was a member of the National Association of Basketball Coaches and one of the directors of the USA Coaches Clinics more than 40 years. Mr. Pikey was recognized for his athletic accomplishments by being inducted into Notre Dame Regional High School Hall of Fame in Cape Girardeau.
Dawson Pikey touched the lives of so many as a mentor, coach and true friend.
Visitation will be Monday from 4 to 7 p.m. in the Great Hall of Ambruster-Donnelly Mortuary, 6633 Clayton Road in Clayton, Mo.
A private funeral will be held Tuesday, with private interment in Evergreen Cemetery at New Madrid, Mo.
In lieu of flowers, memorials are suggested to the American Heart Association, 4643 Lindell Blvd., St. Louis, Mo. 63108.