- Jackson man to cast electoral vote for Trump; others trying to dissuade him (11/29/16)51
- Man killed by vehicle had been charged with domestic assault (11/30/16)
- Hotel chain president: City should regulate short-term lodging (11/27/16)16
- Former Cape council member dies, remembered as 'wonderful public servant' (11/29/16)1
- Woman accused in three robberies disguised herself as man (11/29/16)5
- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)24
- Officers: Delta man dies during domestic dispute (11/28/16)1
- Business notebook: New store shows faith in Scott City district (11/28/16)
- Missouri chamber to honor Cape's John Mehner (11/30/16)6
- Men who pulled father, son from burning car near Naylor honored by highway patrol (12/1/16)
Jackson needs updated facilities
To the editor:
I would like to encourage my generation to vote for the Jackson School District bond issue. I don't like tax increases, but I will vote for any school bond issue. If we don't keep our schools updated, it will have a rippling effect in our community.
As a construction contractor, it makes more sense to me to build at the current location, because we have a substantial investment in that property. We have a new math and science building, a new multipurpose building and a great football stadium. Why would we want to build a high school elsewhere?
I have eight grandchildren in the Jackson school system. I want them to feel safe when they go to school.
CARL GENE PENZEL, Jackson