- Man accused of setting fire to Delta bar; posted photos of it burning on Facebook (9/17/17)5
- McClure man accused of leaving children in hot truck while gambling in casino (9/19/17)1
- Say Cheese: The story behind the famous sandwiches at the East Perry Fair (9/22/17)
- New boutique store advocates for special-needs people (9/19/17)
- Anne Limbaugh dies, leaves legacy of caring (9/22/17)
- Planet Fitness to anchor Town Plaza shopping center (9/18/17)2
- Former major-league slugger Darryl Strawberry to speak at La Croix (9/20/17)
- Mo. conservation agents help fight fires in western U.S. (9/15/17)
- Retailer may come to Jackson; rezoning needed first (9/17/17)2
- Young entrepreneurs add fresh ideas, unique offerings for area market (9/18/17)
Jackson needs updated facilities
To the editor:
I would like to encourage my generation to vote for the Jackson School District bond issue. I don't like tax increases, but I will vote for any school bond issue. If we don't keep our schools updated, it will have a rippling effect in our community.
As a construction contractor, it makes more sense to me to build at the current location, because we have a substantial investment in that property. We have a new math and science building, a new multipurpose building and a great football stadium. Why would we want to build a high school elsewhere?
I have eight grandchildren in the Jackson school system. I want them to feel safe when they go to school.
CARL GENE PENZEL, Jackson