- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)31
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Southeast softball splits pair at Morehead State
Southeast Missouri State University's softball team split a doubleheader at Morehead State on Friday.
The Redhawks won the opener 7-2 behind a strong pitching performance from Amy Fahnestock, and dropped the second game 8-5.
Fahnestock pitched all seven innings in the opener, striking out four while allowing seven hits and one earned run. Kelly Birk, Stephanie Huffman, Fahnestock and Megan McDonald had two hits apiece. Fahnestock had three RBIs.
In the second game Huffman was banged up for six runs in 2 2/3 innings of work. Michelle Summers, McDonald and Lindsay Pickering had three hits apiece. McDonald added three RBIs.
Southeast will conclude its three-game series at Morehead with a 1 p.m. game today.
Southeast tennis falls on the road
Drew Kristal picked up Southeast Missouri State University's lone point in a 6-1 loss Friday at Arkansas State in tennis action.
Kristal won 1-6, 6-3, 10-3 in No. 2 singles. Drew's sister, Bryce Kristal, dropped the No. 1 match 6-2, 6-0, Daniela Garcia lost 6-3, 6-4 in No. 3 singles, Ashley Hooper fell 6-1, 6-1, Kimmy Anderson lost 6-1, 6-0 and Kim Roberts lost 6-0, 6-1 in singles play.
Drew and Bryce Kristal fell in No. 1 doubles 8-2, Garcia and Hooper lost 8-2 and Anderson and Roberts lost 8-1.
The Redhawks fell to 4-9. Southeast will host Ohio Valley Conference foe Austin Peay on Tuesday. The Redhawks are 1-2 in conference play.