- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
County commission minutes
Cape Girardeau County Commission minutes from Thursday:
* Authorized the information technology office to establish a price for a request from Hendricks & Partners for all parcel ID numbers for apartments and multifamily properties, including owner information and sales history, in Cape Girardeau County.
* Authorized sprinkler inspection contract for $150 per inspection with Wester Kentucky Sprinkler.
* Received copy machine report from treasurer's office.
* Approved a transmission repair on a juvenile department car, estimated between $750 and $1,050.
* Approved request by juvenile department to transfer tapes from VCR to DVD and approved request to purchase a DVD player for $299 from Best Buy.
* Letter issued to all elected officials, department heads and supervisors requesting they turn in all Wal-Mart credit cards and all Wal-Mart tax-exempt ID cards to the auditor's office.