- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
ORAN, Mo. -- Lucille Hooe, 98, of Oran died Monday, Nov. 30, 2009, at Southeast Missouri Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Oct. 13, 1911, at Oran, daughter of James Frank and Delcie Vereba Henson Hooe.
Lucille was a grade school teacher several years at Hooe School near Oran. She retired as a machine operator at Oran Hat Factory. She was a charter member of Hooe Baptist Church in Oran.
Survivors include a sister-in-law, Verdell Hooe of Oran; a niece, Linda Kay Glastetter of Oran; three nephews, Denny Hooe of Cape Girardeau, Scotty Hooe of Marble Hill, Mo., and Jim Reed of Sikeston, Mo.
She was preceded in death by her parents and two brothers, Herman and Edward Hooe.
Visitation will be after 4 p.m. today at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Oran.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Friday at Hooe Baptist Church, with the Rev. David Richbourg officiating. Burial will be in Old Morley Cemetery at Morley, Mo.