- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)39
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
ANNA, Ill. -- Alta B. Barnhart, 75, of Anna died Thursday, March 24, 2005, at her home.
She was born Feb. 27, 1930, in Dongola, Ill., daughter of Leonard Kenton and Cathy Alice Apple Karraker. She and Wardell Barnhart were married Oct. 1, 1948, in Jonesboro, Ill.
Barnhart was a member of the Church of Christ.
Survivors include her husband; three sons, James Barnhart of Miner, Mo., Larry and David Barnhart of Anna; a daughter, Cathy White of Springfield, Mo.; a brother, Kent Karraker of Dongola; seven grandchildren; and three great-grandchildren.
Friends may call at Lutz and Rendleman Funeral Home in Anna from 5 to 9 p.m. today, and Saturday until time of service.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at the funeral home, with Wesley Hazel and James Barnhart officiating. Burial will be in Christian Chapel Cemetery near Dongola.