- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)36
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
Katherine Jean Turner, 72, of Cape Girardeau died Monday, Nov. 30, 2009, at her home.
She was born Oct. 5, 1937, in Detroit, to Raymond and Lillie Templemire Evans. She and James C. Turner were married Jan. 14, 1966, in Cape Girardeau. He died Oct. 10, 1991.
Turner was a member of Lighthouse Bible Baptist Church.
Survivors include a son, Alfred McCutchen Jr. of Cape Girardeau; two daughters, Margaret R. (Wayne) McDowell of Jackson, Rebecca J. Turner of Cape Girardeau; six grandchildren; and 10 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. today at Ford and Sons Sprigg Street Funeral Home.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Thursday at the funeral home, with the Rev. David Pringle officiating. Burial will be in Lorimier Cemetery.
Online condolences may be made at www.fordandsonsfuneralhome.com.