- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Doris Anne Byrne, 92, formerly of Cape Girardeau died Monday, Nov. 30, 2009, at Chaffee Nursing Center in Chaffee, Mo.
She was born Aug. 30, 1917, in St. Louis, daughter of Fredrick and Grace Wheelhouse Laskwitz. She and John Byrne were married Nov. 22, 1945, in St. Louis. He preceded her in death in 1981.
Doris was a member of St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church and its Ladies Sodality. She was a volunteer at Southeast Missouri Hospital more than 20 years.
Survivors include two daughters, Susan (Tom) Reinagel of Cape Girardeau, Lisa (Joe Oberzut) Byrne of Minneapolis; three grandchildren, Jeffrey Michael Byrne, Kristen (Tom) Preusser, Scott (Rachel) Reinagel; and two great-grandchildren, Alex and Hayley Preusser.
She was preceded in death by her parents; husband; a son, Dennis M. Byrne; and a grandson, Christopher John Reinagel.
Friends may call from 4 to 7 p.m. today at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home. Parish prayers will be at 6.
Funeral Mass will be at 9:30 a.m. Thursday at St. Vincent's Church, with the Rev. David Hulshof officiating. Interment will be in St. Mary's Cemetery.
Memorial contributions may be given to Missouri Veterans Home.
Online condolences may be made to the family at www.fordandsonsfuneralhome.com.