- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)9
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)17
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
GRASSY, Mo. -- Walter Leroy Surface, 85, of Grassy died Monday, Nov. 30, 2009, at Woodland Hills Nursing Home in Marble Hill, Mo.
He was born June 24, 1924, in Stoddard County, son of Stanton Samuel and Eulah Beatrice Walker Surface. He was married Dec. 16, 1944, to Mildred Bill Webb.
Walter was a heavy equipment operator with IUOE Local 513 in Cape Girardeau.
He is survived by his wife; two sons, Roger Surface of Ava, Mo., Dean Surface of Grassy; five grandchildren; and eight great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by two brothers and three sisters.
Visitation will be from 4 to 7 p.m. today at Cracaft-Miller Funeral Home in Jackson.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Thursday at the funeral home, with Dr. John Engelhart officiating. Burial will be in Russell Heights Cemetery in Jackson.