- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
BLOOMFIELD, Mo. -- Della Jean Green, 78, of Bloomfield passed away Tuesday, Dec. 1, 2009, at Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Feb. 25, 1931, in Flint, Mich., daughter of John E. and Irean Arnold Robinson.
Green lived in Dexter, Mo., and moved to Bloomfield after her marriage. She was a charter member of Bloomfield Assembly of God Church.
She and August Albert Green were married March 19, 1949, in Piggott, Ark. He preceded her in death Nov. 12, 2002.
Surviving are two sons, Gary Green of Poplar Bluff, Mo., Terry Green of Dexter; two daughters, Peggy Gutterman of Poplar Bluff, Lora Coots of Cape Girardeau; seven grandchildren; two great-grandchildren; a brother, Clarence O. Robinson of New Florence, Mo.; other relatives and many friends survive to mourn her passing.
She was preceded in death by sisters, Ella Fay Baker and Doris Sitz.
Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. today at Watkins and Sons Funeral Home in Dexter.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Thursday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Dwight Hensley of Bloomfield officiating. Interment will be in Fairview Cemetery near Puxico, Mo.
Memorials may be made to Bloomfield Assembly of God Church Building Fund, 20034 State Highway E, Bloomfield, MO 63825.
Online condolences may be sent to the family at www.watkinsfuneralhome.com.