- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Ressel earns Big 12 special teams honor
Jackson High School graduate Grant Ressel has been named the Big 12 special teams player of the week for his role in helping Missouri to a 41-39 comeback win over rival Kansas on Saturday. It is the first time the sophomore placekicker has won the league's weekly award.
Ressel was cited for his perfect day against the Jayhawks, which was highlighted by his game-winning 27-yard field goal at the final gun. Ressel was 4 of 4 on the day, also connecting from 43, 28 and 37 yards. His game-winner marked the first time since 1972 that Missouri made a kick to win while trailing in the final seconds of a game. Ressel also was perfect on three extra-point attempts.
For the season, Ressel has made 24 of 25 field goals (96.0 percent) and is 38 of 38 on extra points.
-- From staff reports