- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Southeast Missourian Player of the Week: Joe Froemsdorf
Notre Dame soccer senior Joe Froemsdorf, who entered the Class 2 final four tied for the team lead in goals, found himself in an unfamiliar position in the second half of the Bulldogs' state semifinal game.
He prevented a goal. With his goalie on the ground, Froemsdorf blocked Boliver player's shot with his body while standing on the goal line.
Froemsdorf attributed the stop to luck but a few moments later received teammate Jack Mocherman's pass in the middle of the box on a counterattack and proceeded to give Notre Dame a 1-0 lead with a goal.
The Bulldogs would eventually settle for a place in the third-place game after Boliver came back to win in overtime.
Froemsdorf assisted on teammate Jonathan Lynch's goal in Notre Dame's 2-2 tie with Helias.
"Joe played a great ball through and then I came in, and when the keeper came out, I tried to chip up over the top," Lynch said. "I think it hit off his hands and then may have deflected and went in."
Froemsdorf finished his final season with 13 goals.