- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
Southeast Missourian Player of the Week: Joe Froemsdorf
Notre Dame soccer senior Joe Froemsdorf, who entered the Class 2 final four tied for the team lead in goals, found himself in an unfamiliar position in the second half of the Bulldogs' state semifinal game.
He prevented a goal. With his goalie on the ground, Froemsdorf blocked Boliver player's shot with his body while standing on the goal line.
Froemsdorf attributed the stop to luck but a few moments later received teammate Jack Mocherman's pass in the middle of the box on a counterattack and proceeded to give Notre Dame a 1-0 lead with a goal.
The Bulldogs would eventually settle for a place in the third-place game after Boliver came back to win in overtime.
Froemsdorf assisted on teammate Jonathan Lynch's goal in Notre Dame's 2-2 tie with Helias.
"Joe played a great ball through and then I came in, and when the keeper came out, I tried to chip up over the top," Lynch said. "I think it hit off his hands and then may have deflected and went in."
Froemsdorf finished his final season with 13 goals.