- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)8
- Arrest warrants filed for six drug suspects in Cape (7/19/16)6
- Area groups working together to reintroduce elk in Missouri (7/18/16)1
- Suspect in downtown Cape shooting ID'd in court (7/20/16)2
- Prosecutor says shooting by state trooper was justified (7/24/16)14
- Pincksten's newest renovation project: 328 S. Spanish St. (7/17/16)6
- Trooper-involved homicide case rests in prosecutor's hands (7/17/16)15
- Hastings in Cape closing (7/22/16)5
- Jackson's former police dog euthanized Monday (7/21/16)1
- 'I want to see how far I can go' (7/21/16)2
NOMINATIONS SOUGHT FOR PRESERVATION AWARD FOR HISTORIC PRESERVATION PROJECTS
Cape Girardeau, MO - Old Town Cape's Design Committee is seeking nominations for its annual John Boardman Excellence in Rehabilitation Award for a commercial rehabilitation and the Judith Ann Crow Residential Historic Rehabilitation Award.
The awards honor commercial and residential preservation projects within the 130-square-block district known as Old Town Cape, from Water Street on the east boundary to West End Boulevard and from Highway 74 on the south boundary to North Street in downtown Cape Girardeau.
Projects must meet the Secretary of the Interior's Standards Guidelines for Rehabilitation. Nominated projects will be judged on community impact, degree of difficulty and the capacity in which the project is pioneering or sets an example for others. Properties for consideration must be at least 50 years old and have undergone rehabilitation within the last five years. The rehabilitation project should be complete.
Anyone interested in nominating a property should contact the Old Town Cape Office, 334-8085, for details and application information. Nominations are due by December 31st. The award will be announced at the Old Town Cape annual meeting in February 2010.
Old Town Cape is a nationally accredited Main Street Program that works to build a downtown community that cherishes its past and is an economically viable district in which the citizens of Cape Girardeau can live, work and play.