- Few Southeast students face suspension, expulsion for sexual assaults, campus paper finds (4/25/17)6
- Perryville family organizing bone-marrow drive Friday for ailing 6-year-old boy (4/26/17)
- Woman battered after smashing boyfriend's meth pipe against wall, police say (4/25/17)1
- Pilot House goes smoke-free (4/23/17)10
- Temptations bassist dies after Cape Girardeau show (4/26/17)2
- Event includes the first public tour of 200-year-old Elmwood Manor (4/23/17)3
- BBB warns Jackson man's online business might not be legit (4/24/17)
- Cape couple turns their home into cozy, comfortable music venue (4/24/17)
- State Supreme Court rules against congressman's mother in dog-kennel defamation case (4/27/17)1
- Sikeston man charged in shooting death of Cape man (4/23/17)
NOMINATIONS SOUGHT FOR PRESERVATION AWARD FOR HISTORIC PRESERVATION PROJECTS
Cape Girardeau, MO - Old Town Cape's Design Committee is seeking nominations for its annual John Boardman Excellence in Rehabilitation Award for a commercial rehabilitation and the Judith Ann Crow Residential Historic Rehabilitation Award.
The awards honor commercial and residential preservation projects within the 130-square-block district known as Old Town Cape, from Water Street on the east boundary to West End Boulevard and from Highway 74 on the south boundary to North Street in downtown Cape Girardeau.
Projects must meet the Secretary of the Interior's Standards Guidelines for Rehabilitation. Nominated projects will be judged on community impact, degree of difficulty and the capacity in which the project is pioneering or sets an example for others. Properties for consideration must be at least 50 years old and have undergone rehabilitation within the last five years. The rehabilitation project should be complete.
Anyone interested in nominating a property should contact the Old Town Cape Office, 334-8085, for details and application information. Nominations are due by December 31st. The award will be announced at the Old Town Cape annual meeting in February 2010.
Old Town Cape is a nationally accredited Main Street Program that works to build a downtown community that cherishes its past and is an economically viable district in which the citizens of Cape Girardeau can live, work and play.