- Woman's post about 'Back the Blue' sign in Jackson coffee shop prompts firing from nearby bar (8/15/17)11
- How to save a life: Lifeguards resuscitated young girl at Cape Splash (8/17/17)2
- Stoogefest headliner cancels, cites NAACP travel advisory in Missouri (8/15/17)2
- Councilman: Scott City mayor, city administrator resigned (8/15/17)4
- Chaffee man charged with attempting to have ex-wife killed (8/20/17)3
- Woman dies in house fire in Cape Girardeau County (8/16/17)
- Scott City school chief gets raise, while some teachers don't (8/17/17)6
- Scott City man dies in motorcycle crash near Millersville (8/13/17)
- Former Chaffee officer faces DWI charge (8/20/17)2
- 'Love, not hate': Area residents gather to sing, talk about racial issues after violence in Charlottesville (8/14/17)89
Sixth Grade Jr. Indians Finish Undefeated Season
The 6th grade Jackson Junior Indians traveling football team wrapped up their third season this past weekend. The team went undefeated, boasting a 13-0 record. They took first place in Kansas City, KS, at the NYSSO Kick-off Classic; defeated three teams at the 2nd Annual Arch Sportsmanship Invitational; and won first place in a tournament in Cape Girardeau. They also had local games against the Cape and Farmington traveling teams.
Sixteen boys make up the team lead by head coach, Kris Jeffers, and coaches, Rick Doughten, Mike Norrick, and Scott Starzinger. This could be the boys' last season with this team, and what a way to end it! Congratulations!