- Two men accused of selling meth to undercover cop (6/22/17)
- Former Cape cop faces stealing-by-deceit charge (6/18/17)3
- Jackson scores high in survey of residents; better streets, Aldi are high priorities (6/20/17)4
- Marble Hill mayor hires city manager without board approval (6/21/17)2
- Police: Man grabbed wheel, tried to kill driver and himself in Jackson crash (6/23/17)
- Cape man faces charges of victim tampering (6/18/17)
- Police: Cape abduction may have ties to Georgia homicide (6/18/17)5
- 3 drown in Southeast Missouri in three days (6/16/17)
- Library provides free lunches this summer (6/19/17)
- Fire destroys two greenhouses at Travelers Gazebo site in Cape (6/22/17)
Sixth Grade Jr. Indians Finish Undefeated Season
The 6th grade Jackson Junior Indians traveling football team wrapped up their third season this past weekend. The team went undefeated, boasting a 13-0 record. They took first place in Kansas City, KS, at the NYSSO Kick-off Classic; defeated three teams at the 2nd Annual Arch Sportsmanship Invitational; and won first place in a tournament in Cape Girardeau. They also had local games against the Cape and Farmington traveling teams.
Sixteen boys make up the team lead by head coach, Kris Jeffers, and coaches, Rick Doughten, Mike Norrick, and Scott Starzinger. This could be the boys' last season with this team, and what a way to end it! Congratulations!