- Feds ask judge to impose $6.5 million punishment for Cape surgeon (12/7/17)9
- Harbor Freight Tools plans to move ahead with Cape Girardeau store (12/5/17)2
- Former Wimpy's Drive-In owner Freeman Lewis dies (12/9/17)2
- Business Notebook: Yule Log Cabin gets home feel honestly (12/4/17)
- Makeover at the movies: Transformation complete inside Cape theater (12/8/17)4
- Sugarfire Cape barbecue restaurant to open June 2018 (12/7/17)
- Fire displaces family of seven (12/5/17)1
- Fruitland Army veteran spends weeks helping in ravaged Puerto Rico (12/5/17)2
- Pedestrian struck on Broadway (12/11/17)4
- Jury convicts Scott City man who confessed to murder; girlfriend's testimony corroborates confession (12/9/17)
Sixth Grade Jr. Indians Finish Undefeated Season
The 6th grade Jackson Junior Indians traveling football team wrapped up their third season this past weekend. The team went undefeated, boasting a 13-0 record. They took first place in Kansas City, KS, at the NYSSO Kick-off Classic; defeated three teams at the 2nd Annual Arch Sportsmanship Invitational; and won first place in a tournament in Cape Girardeau. They also had local games against the Cape and Farmington traveling teams.
Sixteen boys make up the team lead by head coach, Kris Jeffers, and coaches, Rick Doughten, Mike Norrick, and Scott Starzinger. This could be the boys' last season with this team, and what a way to end it! Congratulations!