- Two men seriously hurt in crash near Fruitland (9/21/16)3
- Driver charged with manslaughter in crash that killed 2 (9/27/16)
- Perryville man arrested for alleged patronizing prostitution, harassment (9/23/16)6
- Video and evidence largely confirm trooper's claims in April traffic stop shooting (9/23/16)9
- Cape man may lose eye after shovel beating, police say (9/25/16)2
- Funeral procession of former Cape Girardeau police chief Henry H. Gerecke (9/22/16)17
- Cape man accused of attacking pregnant girlfriend (9/22/16)
- Planning, design puts renovations of H-H building into hotel on hold (9/26/16)5
- Show Me Center upgrades may allow facility to draw more elaborate shows (9/21/16)17
- Woman accused of pushing Wal-Mart employee after theft (9/27/16)
Sixth Grade Jr. Indians Finish Undefeated Season
The 6th grade Jackson Junior Indians traveling football team wrapped up their third season this past weekend. The team went undefeated, boasting a 13-0 record. They took first place in Kansas City, KS, at the NYSSO Kick-off Classic; defeated three teams at the 2nd Annual Arch Sportsmanship Invitational; and won first place in a tournament in Cape Girardeau. They also had local games against the Cape and Farmington traveling teams.
Sixteen boys make up the team lead by head coach, Kris Jeffers, and coaches, Rick Doughten, Mike Norrick, and Scott Starzinger. This could be the boys' last season with this team, and what a way to end it! Congratulations!