- Man transitioning to woman killed herself in Cape City Jail in June; news comes from architect's pitch in Kansas (2/15/18)2
- Cape Girardeau businessman proposes redevelopment project; seeks taxing district to fund improvements (2/17/18)10
- Charges filed in Sunday murder; suspects in custody (2/14/18)2
- University Foundation to honor Talberts as Friends of the University (2/13/18)2
- TJ's Burgers, Wings & Pizza expands with dining area in Fruitland (2/16/18)
- Major case squad activated to investigate shooting death in Cape (2/13/18)
- Lovebirds for 80 years give advice: Trust, patience and 'Tell 'em you love 'em' (2/14/18)2
- Jackson schools to install artificial turf on football, soccer fields (2/14/18)
- Pence gets it right in response to attack on Christian faith (2/17/18)2
- Area restaurants plan for those observing Lent on Valentine's Day (2/12/18)
Sixth Grade Jr. Indians Finish Undefeated Season
The 6th grade Jackson Junior Indians traveling football team wrapped up their third season this past weekend. The team went undefeated, boasting a 13-0 record. They took first place in Kansas City, KS, at the NYSSO Kick-off Classic; defeated three teams at the 2nd Annual Arch Sportsmanship Invitational; and won first place in a tournament in Cape Girardeau. They also had local games against the Cape and Farmington traveling teams.
Sixteen boys make up the team lead by head coach, Kris Jeffers, and coaches, Rick Doughten, Mike Norrick, and Scott Starzinger. This could be the boys' last season with this team, and what a way to end it! Congratulations!